We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 10:14

I've not watched the American Direct but it was brought up in it and you can only see the EU getting the same treatment.

It depends on how much the DLC is, if it's free not a issue but as it's two games in Japan and the DLC is the same price as the game then I will feel pissed as I would by both games but I'm not paying £30+ for DLC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 10:19

Wait - I think that I misunderstood. If it's two retail games in Japan (by the sound of things, much more different from each other than the Pokémon games), then it seems only fair that any DLC to expand one game to the size of two should cost almost as much (not as much) as a full game.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 10:23

That's true but why can't we in the west get both games, I'd buy both games.

And I might only wanted the one story which is DLC here that I've got to buy the story I don't want to get it.

If we can get both Inzumas (or 3 in the case of the last game) I can't see how a series like Fire Emblem we only get one.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 11:38

From memory there was some pricing for some dlc for fire emblem on the jap direct which I'll double check when I get home. And something inforgot to mention earlier there is some card based fire emblem game being released with if
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 11:47

Don't worry folks Kotaku, of all places, are on it Sounds like we are getting the whole package from the way they were talking about choices, then the DLC will be the DLC story.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 12:06

Still seems weird then if we do get everything on one cart & Japan has to buy two carts but what I've read were only getting hashibro story or what ever it's called.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 12:23

The way they're selling it in Japan is odd, but they can get ourversion, it's just a downloadable version.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 13:04

masofdas wrote:

But the biggest thing had to be SMTxFE which looks fantastic, I see people moaning like Andy about but because it looks to much like Persona & same with the little bit of plot we heard. Sorry but looking like Persona is not a bad thing it's a good thing.

It's not a universally good thing like you're making it out to be. I think it's disappointing a lot of people because what a lot of people were expecting from SMTxFE was the strategic combat of Fire Emblem coupled with the deep themes and demonic atmosphere of SMT. Instead, what the game seems to be is PersonaxAwakening, which is a different thing. It's not a good or bad thing - just a different thing. It'll likely make for a simpler game overall. Someone like Silverlight could probably explain this better than me, but yeah, that's more or less what's going on here.

Actually, this might explain it better:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 13:15

List of eShop games in the Direct. As well as ASA, Boxboy, and the already-out-in-the-States Azure Striker Gunvolt, is anyone else interested in DOOOORS? I find the concept quite intriguing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 15:11

@Jay that's right actually what your saying, I've that picture going around but can anyone blame Atlus & Nintendo making it like Persona & Awakening as both have become popular.

But it's been come a marmite game already, there's a Nintendo fan in work first thing he said to me not hello but am I in the don't like or like camp of SMTxFE which I'm of course in the like camp.

On if I will wait & see what we get in 2016 which is a long way of.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 15:13

But it's not like Awakening, they've just nicked some characters...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 15:18

Which is a crossover problem unless you go for something like Mario & Sonic Olympics which is neither series. Then it might lean more on one series then the other which this seems to be doing.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 16:13

But it didn't NEED to be that way. They could've done something far more interesting with the crossover than this.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 16:33

Yeah, like Super Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei Anime Football Dating Wow!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 17:37

But hey if Persona is as good as people say then the game should be good and long as it's good & sales that Atlus continue working with Nintendo, then its all good in my book.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 19:27

Oh, I don't doubt that it'll be a good game - it's just not really what was advertised.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 19:30

Cross overs of two games is risky business as it will always be harder to please both set's of fans fully, stop me if I'm wrong here but isn't the SMT/Persona developer making this game? If so it doesn't sound like they are striking a good balance for both fans.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2015 - 22:17

Yep that is correct Jas, maybe Intelligent Systems didn't want to give to much away that it became more of the Atlus side of things.

But Jay what was advertised a 1 minute trailer of stock images about 2 years ago with SMT X FE (working title), that doesn't really tell us that much and clearly it's changed from that working title.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 0:36

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a much broader crossover considering the title suggests the entirety of both franchises. You might think that's setting yourself up for disappointment, but I'd disagree.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 9:49

As someone who's not invested in SMT or FE, I basically saw Jay's picture. So, more importantly, real-life Wool Yoshi, 200cc Mario Kart, Affordable Space Adventures, Choose a Smash.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 12:38

I'm going to be extremely blunt: that direct was complete sheet.  Barely any new games, no dates on any of the few substantial games shown off, and a bunch of dlc.  On top of that the new Fire Emblem is taking the Pokemon approach (and if we don't get both parts I will, and I genuinely mean this, boycott what we do get, especially when the more interesting part will likely be the nastier side), and that Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. . .  Calling it after either series at this point is a joke, outside the ruined city in a grand total of one two second shot there was jack sheet actual smt on display.  No, a better and infinitely more appropriate name for it would be "Persona: Featuring Fire Emblem Cosplay".  

Not that that's an inherently bad idea, but it's also basically absolutely nothing like what they touted it as back when it was announced.  As it stands it's not really a smt game, and the fire emblem part might as well just be rebranded wearable Persona's (especially funny when Persona 5's Persona summons look to basically be wearable fusions).  

I mean sure, this will in all likelihood turn out fine, it's an Atlus jrpg after all.  But nevertheless the fact is when you start a project titled Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem you expect the end result is at the very least going to actually resemble both series.  Which this so far does not outside the cooky boss designs.  What I don't expect from a cross over between a franchise known for post-apocalyptic settings, creepy demons sometimes summon-able/sometimes enemies, and brutal turn based gameplay, and a franchise known for stories about warring medieval nations, grid based rpg combat, and death meaning actual death, is a game that as far as the trailer shows is about a bunch of 16/17 year olds playing Fire Emblem cosplay that will somehow save the world with the power of happiness and friendship.

Rant over.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 13:57

Athrun, what exactly were you expecting going into this?  I get your anger at SMTxFE, but - no new games?  Did people go into this expecting the announcement of Metroid Prime 4 Absolution three months before not-E3?  

I went in suitably open-minded, and (maybe due to the fact that I've never played a SMT game nor enjoyed a FE one) enjoyed it.  Appreciated the DLC, the amiibos, the narrowing down of some release dates, and the two downloadables that came out yesterday.  The only big problem I had was that, in the Animal Crossing nonsense and the new Pokémon Rumble, Nintendo seem to be demanding more and more cash for less and less these days.

You can't expect every new ND to change the world, and especially not one at the start of April.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 16:32

Plus, LUCAS. I'm taking that to mean we're one step closer to a Western release of Mother 3.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 16:59

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 Images-article-2012-11-03-hahaha-no-kanye
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 17:34

A man can dream, right? Right?

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 RuYH0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next