We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!

Go down 
+13
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
shanks
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 9:49

I totally forgot this was coming out, and I missed the Limited (pleased it was proper limited though) Edition, I'll most likely go for Birthright first as it's the easy one and from reviews that is how it's meant to be played with that one first.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 10:09

I've got the special edition waiting for me when I get home in a weeks time.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 14:14

People still follow reviews?  

I mean I get the point of going Kingdom first, just don't have any love for the professional review circit   Laughing

shanks wrote:

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 As10

Grumpy jealousy aside that isn't exactly picking a side!  Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 16 May 2016 - 15:03

Well some might not be professional and a game like this I doubt I needed to actually read a review.

But wasn't just reviews it was article's etc using what Nintendo has said about the order they should be played.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyTue 17 May 2016 - 6:51

Athrun888 wrote:
People still follow reviews?  

I mean I get the point of going Kingdom first, just don't have any love for the professional review circit   Laughing

shanks wrote:

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 As10

Grumpy jealousy aside that isn't exactly picking a side!  Winky Face

Exactly I'm gonna stay neutral Whistle
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 23:09

Anyone else playing this? I've just finished Birthright today and I am mostly loving it, I do however have a couple of issues:

Castle building - I really don't get this, it feels like it rewards grinding as opposed to actually playing the game, I can't work out if I'm missing something having played through it pretty quickly, but unless I played a lot of challenges or pvp I wouldn't get much out of this. I tried out the Invasion mode, but I'm pretty sure it cost me characters, so that's only going to work with revives on...

I don't really think this is a spoiler but I'll explain the context within a spoiler just in case
Point 2 - Death doesn't matter:

Otherwise this is top notch, after starting Nohr I'm really happy with how different the 2 halves of the game are, completely new maps, a totally different weapon/item set and a whole new cast. I just wish I had time to keep playing it...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 23:15

I've totally forgotten about this after I missed out on the Special Edition. I've a lot on my gaming plate for now, so I might give it a miss at the moment.

In regards to your spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 23:24

JayMoyles wrote:
Spoiler:
Response:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 8:20

I've just got to Chapter 8 in Birthright, so far so good.

I've bought the Map Pack 1 Season Pass and if the game continues to be decent I do think I will be downloading the other two stories.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 10:07

I've didn't get on with the Awakening DLC so I won't be bothering, another case of it working better for playing without perma-death. Can't justify sending a good character out on a silly optional side story. Plus if you get extra characters they aren't fully fleshed out, with good supports etc.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 10:12

I liked the Awakening DLC.

I just tried the amiibo, which Roy doesn't work. I just battled Marth and got destroyed by one of his troops. So will be waiting awhile to battle them again but then I could by so far in I don't want Marth on my team.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyFri 27 May 2016 - 10:17

I used the amiibo, but didn't actually work out where to fight them, so didn't...
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 11:56

Switched to Casual today on Conquest after they pulled some Grade A bullshit that meant I only had 3 characters for a mission, except one of those was dead... Really poorly designed for classic, which makes me quite sad.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 13:12

I used Lucina's Amiibo and all she did was say a few nice things and left. Also currently up to chapter 11
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySun 29 May 2016 - 19:00

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Switched to Casual today on Conquest after they pulled some Grade A bullshit that meant I only had 3 characters for a mission, except one of those was dead... Really poorly designed for classic, which makes me quite sad.

I didn't think that mission was too bad, although I did have to switch things up a bit by having attacking supports instead of defensive ones. Granted, my avatar was seriously well leveled at that point in the game.

I'm really enjoying Conquest so far, and things have really started to open up now have a few S rank relationships revealing some side missions. I don't really get the point of upgrading the castle but I kind of like it as a brief reprieve from battles.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyFri 3 Jun 2016 - 18:03

Gave in to temptation and started this yesterday.  Hard classic naturally, Awakening was too easy on hard besides a couple of maps in the Wallhart arc. None of that was in any way shape or form me bragging.  I look forward to seeing Conquests infamous difficulty, here's hoping it lives up to its reputation!

---------------

Holy moly I'm not even in to the Conquest levels yet and getting my behind kicked seven ways to sunday! Literally everyone besides Azura and Corrin died in chapter 5! I really hope none of them defect from Hoshido later, since they're six feet under now!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 9:10

Finished Conquest yesterday and I really think it was a bit of a shambles. All of my issues with Birthright were amplified to silly levels and the endgame wouldn't have been playable in classic mode. The game really became a slog and I put off playing quite a bit, even with permadeath off I still had to redo the last mission several times (technically the last 2 because it wouldn't let me save after the second to last). Nasty.

Revelations on the other hand seems to have got its act together and I'm enjoying that a lot more so far.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 23:26

Revelations is wonderful! I really wish they had just released this version, it feels so much more balanced, the maps feel tighter and more fun to play and when I make a mistake I really feel it's mine, not just the computer mobbing me. There's plenty of talk of Conquest having more varied objectives, but I never felt that, Revelations strikes a nicer balance though, not to mention that it has a few really cool 1 off map gimmicks.

My only regret is that I started on Casual after my bad experience with Conquest and I feel I'd have got a little more out of playing Classic. Regardless, this is the Fire Emblem I've been waiting for and it's a shame that only a fraction of people will end up playing it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyThu 9 Jun 2016 - 9:39

Can't believe people complained about chapter 10, map was a piece of cake! Granted I took a couple of casualties, but all said and done it wasn't this brutal thing of masochism I was being led to believe! Worst map in the game is still the ice map!
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptySat 11 Jun 2016 - 13:43

I've got the limited edition box with the crest coin really wonderful! got the poster up and coin in a flowing frame
I am on Chapter 10 in Birthright first than will carry on with the other 2 games when completed it.
I really enjoyed the experience I've got out of fates so far and will carry on to complete them Ninja
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 18:43

Assuming he was talking about chapter 16 I officially have no idea what Andy was talking about over that map with 3 characters. Meh I was expecting some sort of unfair as heck map, instead I got a interestingly designed map with a fun gimmick that was completely balanced around 3 units
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 20:28

Yeah, balanced around 3 units, not the 2 I had Laughing
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyMon 13 Jun 2016 - 20:41

Oh right I forgot you lost Azura!  Still I feel it wouldn't have been too tricky without her just escaping, honestly I barely used her in that map, but maybe my Corrin's just a tad op, he has been an absolute beast since promotion!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyTue 14 Jun 2016 - 0:36

I don't think mine was promoted Laughing It was the peak of the "lets swarm them with enemies to make it extra hard" mentality that makes me look least fondly on Conquest.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 10:20

I managed to get past the horrible chapter 18 without dropping the difficulty! And it only took sacrificing my main axe user and the games only archer!

Fortunately all the children come with Seals now that instantly promote them plus add a few levels afterwards, and Azura's son has been able to fill the gap Niles left. Fill it, and give me my first non-dragon flying unit to boot! I can't stress how bitter I was after chapter 18s losses, but now I have a feeling everything is going to be okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next