We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!

Go down 
+13
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
shanks
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 14:22

ANNA IS OUT!

Yeah, I really shouldn't be buying this kind of nickle and dime dlc, but I just can't resist adding in Anna and following my Awakening tradition of having her a part of my end-game team. I hereby ask for forgiveness that I shall not receive, for I hath sinned.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyTue 17 Jan 2017 - 15:54

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyWed 18 Jan 2017 - 10:59

That may also be wrong says some reports recently
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptySun 21 Mar 2021 - 16:17

After stumbling back into Fire Emblem Heroes, I found myself jonesing for a fully fledged FE game. I realised I hadn't actually finished Revelations before, so I've hopped back into Fates.

I replayed Birthright again in full to reacclimitise myself to the game and dipped my toes into Conquest to realise I don't have the patience to strategise my way through this campaign (although Chapter 10 was actually fun to solve, just took bloody ages) and I've now started Revelations. Part of me wishes I'd just gone back to the other campaigns I've yet to do in FE:TH or even fired up Echoes again.

I do think this is my least favourite FE game that I've played to completion. The writing is absolutely miserable and exemplifies everything I dislike about this style of FE game. A huge chunk of the supporting cast are so miserably one note and even in the main cast, there's nobody that even approaches the likes of Dimitri or Edelgard in FE:TH. The plot reflects that with some absolutely nonsensical writing at points.

The child system makes zero thematic sense in Fates, but the game hides a huge chunk of its roster and a ton of chapters behind engaging with that nonsense, so it's not like you can ignore it either. Plus, the whole structure of the game means finishing Birthright or Conquest don't exactly feel satisfying as the proper ending is undoubtedly hidden behind a DLC paywall.

I'm supremely glad that the series seems to have turned away from the direction that Fates was leading it down and vastly improved my complaints with FE:TH.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 9:54

NLife pointing out that Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation is going to be pain soon to play, as the DLC won't be available after March 2023 and the physical it is on a tad expensive.

I might see if likes of CDkeys etc have a code for it cheap, as heard mixed things about Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, such Athrun saying the worst then NLife saying the best.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 10:16

I mean Fates in general is the worst... Go pick up the GBA ones on Wii U, a much better investment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 10:29

I liked which ever Fates I played and I do have the GBA maybe even DS ones on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 12:51

I wouldn't even say missing out on Revelations is that big of a deal. I meant what I said in my last post in this thread - it really is a woeful Fire Emblem game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 EmptyThu 21 Apr 2022 - 15:23

I'm now on Chapter 15 of 28 (If Endgame counts as a chapter) meaning I'm not quite halfway yet (as started on the split in Chapter 6, so I've done 9 chapters) of Revelations, which puts me about 9hrs in.

At the moment it's been fine, I do have a lot of units because of both nations along with playing normal but no permadeath (with the amount of units I got maybe I should have had a bash with permadeath on).

It, like said elsewhere, does make me want a new shiny FE on Switch, which Three Hopes might satisfy a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10