We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!

Go down 
+13
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
fronkhead
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
shanks
Admin
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Athrun888
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 19:56

Not compared to the if trailer or what we saw of Persona The Fire Emblem Cosplay Edition which is one of the issues with that.

But anyway looks good just hope it is the full package here or I can buy both games.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2015 - 21:10

The_Jaster wrote:
.......and the previous game wasn't?

I'm on about the voice acting that Balla was referring to, not anything else.

Mas: Same, hoping we get a complete package. Not really up for two versions like Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptySat 4 Apr 2015 - 0:18

ahh fair enough, it just seemed odd as that was one of the top things that put me off Awakening.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptySun 5 Apr 2015 - 4:12

The irritating imouto is exactly why I shall be joining Team Nohr and not looking back.  No silly annoying brats for me, just a path to eternal honour and glory!

Also why I'll be very annoyed if they don't release the official Nohr version of the game physically, I suspect their storyline is going to be far better than the likely generic good guy side, hopefully filled with some interesting characters that are firmly in the morally grey / ambiguous area.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2015 - 10:44

I will play both and want both also there might be some sort of link up or save file stuff for having both.

Anyway I just seen pictures of the card game Shanks brought up, I want them.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Apr 2015 - 15:13

I've decided that I'm going to get the two for one deal when out in Japan
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:04

Must be out soon, with box-art going up showing it's a amiibo compatible game. Wonder if we will get any new ones.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:37

Rereleases, I reckon - although I have been wrong about amiibo before.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 0:40

It's out June 25.. The release of the game with everything is out later in the year
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 6:26

In absolutely terrible news the game is removing the weapon limit and including a new "phoenix mode". Both are bad, but at least pheonix mode will allow the player to opt out of it, although I really don't get why they think making it so units revive themselves a turn after they die could possibly be a good choice or make the game engaging, it's a feature I expect from a Pokemon game with how easy it's very nature makes it.

But the real kicker is the weapon degrading being given the boot. And this one is not just something you can choose to opt in or out of, it's just gone. From every mode. So those who, like me, actually want a game to have even a semblance of a challenge are kind of screwed.

What's worse is the potential repercussions of this in terms of the game's actual balance. By removing the threat of a weapon breaking you do one of two things, you either make the game brain dead easy (because what's stopping the player from abusing those lovely weapons that crit practically every use without their limit?), or you have to not give the player any good weapons, which in turn removes the one unique thing the games did and instead turns it in to just another generic rpg where instead of having a variety of special weapons to use you instead just constantly buy newer models as you progress.

It removes choices and strategy whatever way you look at it. A strategy rpg removing strategy, doesn't sound good to me. I'll still obviously pick this up, but this is seriously making me question whether I'll bother to pick it up on launch. If the gameplay is going to take these kinds of hits then Fire Emblem if will have to hope I'm not playing anything else when it launches, because it's lost what makes it special from the looks of things, and therefore loses any special treatment I'd give it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 8:49

I wonder what's going to make the darker story more challenging.

I wonder if these things that make the game easier are from the positive reception of Awakening which has as casual mode.

That there thinking if they make it even more accessible they'll sale even more.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 9:44

They could easily make it more accessible without sacrificing the difficulty that the series is known for by making it an optional function in "casual" and leaving it intact in normal. There's no good reason for adding this besides plain dumbing the games down.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 9:47

That's disappointing to hear. I mean, I've nothing against catering to a more casual audience - you've got to grow your audience in some way - but to do so at the expense of their core fans doesn't sit well with me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 9:48

What if that's only a thing in the one version, and that's why the other version is more difficult.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 13:53

That wouldn't be adding to your audience that'd be splitting it in two and to me it seems like they may as well be making two different games.

(Rather than two that compliment each other)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 May 2015 - 17:45

I don't know I just know the dark one is meant to be more challenging and for long time fans of the series.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 May 2015 - 2:51

It's meant to be harder as it'll have less funds and XP and will have harder victory traits
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 17:28

This is a good reminder that Nintendo's team's aren't impervious to publisher/business decisions in the interests of selling the game. I can't think splitting it up into two games was Intelligent Systems' idea, and last week's news can't have been either. Also: Awakening was going to be the last Fire Emblem in the series if it didn't sell a certain number of units that Nintendo laid down, which shaped the game for both good and bad reasons -- Intelligent Systems basically made it a mix of everything that defined Fire Emblem.

Of course, you could point to Pokémon's two versions, but the decision to sell it like that went hand-in-hand with the designers' aims of connecting players to trade and battle.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 17:59

fronkhead wrote:

Of course, you could point to Pokémon's two versions, but the decision to sell it like that went hand-in-hand with the designers' aims of connecting players to trade and battle.

Also, you essentially get the same experience regardless of what version you buy with Pokémon, whereas this is being labelled as two different games sharing certain features. That doesn't sound like a design choice, like in Pokémon as you mentioned, but a money grab. Aww!
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 18:14

Oh yes, good point! Yeah, definitely a money grab then, you can just picture the biggest Fire Emblem fans buying both games and the DLC.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 19:59

I'm not even the biggest fan of FE and I will get it all well unless it's the one version here then the other is DLC at £40.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 17:54

Well that e3 trailer was awesome, looking nice and dark. Also, finally a good name! Well, more fitting anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:05

It was
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 18:50

If is out next week in Japan, it'll be good to finally be able to play it
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 22:18

If this is just more of what Awakening gave me, I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!   Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fire Emblem: Fates - CHOOSE A SIDE!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next